Having your own business is the best thing in the world. Thanks to the modern web technologies, setting up an online business has become a lot easier than before. If you have always wanted to set up an online business, you have come to the right place.
In today’s post, I am going to show you how to set up a budget-friendly online business and the best ways to promote your site.
Are you ready? Let’s get started with making the website with WordPress.
Making a Website using WordPress
Website creation platforms like WordPress allow you to set up a business site quickly. The first thing you will need is a domain name. You should choose a brandable name that is short and memorable.
Next, you need to choose a reliable hosting provider. Since your website data will be saved on its servers, you should go for a reputed hosting service like Bluehost or SiteGround, both of which are officially recommended by WordPress.
Once you have chosen the domain and the hosting provider, the next step is to install WordPress on your site. All the leading hosting providers offer one-click WordPress installation service, which makes the process a lot simpler.
After installing WordPress, you should choose a suitable theme and install the necessary plugins to make your website ready for the visitors.
Now that you have the website ready, you are ready to explore the various monetization options for your site. Alternatively, you can also start an online store and sell your own products online.
Best Ways to Make Money from Your Website
There are several options to set up an online business and make money with your WordPress site. Let’s find out which these options are –
- Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate marketing is one of the most popular methods to make money online, and the main reason is the low barrier to entry. In this method, you will promote third-party products and services on your site. You will earn a commission whenever someone makes a purchase from your link. Here is an example of a good Amazon affiliate website offering both the clean design and Useful content to the users.
- Google AdSense: Displaying ads from Google AdSense is another highly popular method for the beginners to earn from their website. You will need an AdSense account to show ads on your site. Google will pay you based on the number of clicks and the ad type.
- Third-party Ads: When using AdSense, Google will take a portion of your income. If you don’t like this idea, you can try other ad networks or approach the advertisers directly. For direct ads, you will get payment on monthly basis.
- Paid Reviews: Publishing paid reviews could be another way to earn money from your site. In this technique, you allow other people to promote their services on your site by writing a paid review or blog post. This works best once your site starts getting some traffic.
- Member-only Content: If you plan to publish exclusive content like in-depth blog posts, original research, and so on, you can introduce a membership system on your site. Members will have to pay to access the premium content on the site.
- WordPress Service: Do you have any special skill relevant to WordPress? If yes, you can sell those services on your site. Some common examples include website design, web development, customization, maintenance, security, SEO, etc.
In-budget and Powerful Marketing Techniques
So far, you have learned about creating a website with WordPress and the best ways to set up an online business with your site. Now, you need to promote your site to attract potential customers. And here are the ways to do that –
- This is the age of social media, which means you need to promote your site on the leading social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Based on your business type and target audience, you can also try LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat, and other social media networks.
- Videos can be another effective way to promote your new business. You can make relevant, exciting videos that will be useful for your target customers. Once your visitors identify you as a reliable source of information, you can monetize them in different ways.
- Since you are creating a new website, you will need a lot of exposure in front of your target audience. Blogger outreach can be a useful technique in this case. Find out the existing blogs in your chosen niche and reach out to them for guest blogging opportunities.
- If you are offering a local service, you should get listed in the local directory and listing-sites. You should also register your local business with Google Places. This will ensure that your website shows up in Google searches and Google Maps. Yahoo and Bing also have similar local business services.
- Creating a blog is not only helpful for building up your brand, it also helps you to connect with your customers. You can publish blog posts that are related to your business, products, or services. The ultimate goal is to provide value and get more sales on your blog.
Start Monetizing Your Website
Now that you know the best ways to monetize your WordPress site and the most effective promotion techniques, it’s time to get going.
First of all, decide which monetization method you will use for your website. Since you are a beginner, you should get started with a single method and gain a solid understanding of the whole process. Check out the leading blogs, influencers, courses, related to your chosen monetization technique.
Once you are confident with the research, the next step is to create a plan. Determine how your website will look, what type of content you will publish, which promotional activities you will do, and so on. When you have the whole plan ready, get started from the first step as soon as you can.
Over to You
Modern technologies have made it a lot easier to set up businesses on the internet, but some things are still the same. You still have to be patient and keep on going until you reach a profitable stage. However, once you reach that stage, you will have enough resources to get a better result from your efforts.